Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Shinique Smith workshop at the Frist

On Saturday October 10, 2015 Mr.Mitchell , Ashanti and I, took an adventure to the Frist center for the Visual Arts for an amazing opportunity to meet Shinique Smith. She is such an inspirational woman with so many amazing characteristics. Her art has an incredible impact on people of all ages. We actually got to interact with Shinique during a workshop on using found objects and tell her how thankful we are to have people like her with amazing talent express themselves through art. She explained why she started creating art. She told us about real life experiences, which I can relate to. One thing that motivated me to begin drawing is when she said that in art you can express yourself. As a teenager I have problems expressing myself. I believe most teenagers have the same problem, but art isn't just about drawing or making sculptures. It's about expressing who you are, about finding yourself. -Damaris Revolorio